When you, the Converge Intern or Host, complete the online application, you are indicating your agreement to the following Terms & Conditions, including the Memorandum of Understanding.
Converge Memorandum of Understanding
This Memorandum of Understanding represents an agreement between Converge, the Host, and the Intern. When you submit your online application, you are affirming your role and responsibilities, especially from the time each intern applies to the internship to the time he or she returns to his or her point of origin.
Converge agrees to:
- Onboard Hosts and vet them through YWAM references.
- Process Intern applications, check references, and make informed recommendations to internship Hosts regarding each applicant.
- Post and share approved internship opportunities via the Converge website, social media, and other communications.
- Provide an Intern dashboard which includes a social share mechanism for fundraising.
- Provide and facilitate online pre-departure orientation and training for Interns.
- Provide instruction, support, and evaluation for the host and the internship Project.
- Mediate between the Host and Intern if an issue arises related to the safety of the Intern(s), and the willingness or ability of the Intern(s) to fulfill these agreed upon responsibilities.
- Serve as point of contact for the Host and Intern’s family in the case of medical emergency or evacuation. The intern is required to purchase a Travel Protection plan or another comparable policy. Converge requires travel insurance options, such as the Volunteer Card.
The Host agrees to:
- Accurately represent the internship responsibilities, context, safety and other concerns, and accommodation on the Host application.
- Respond to Converge’s recommendation regarding an Intern’s application within 5 business days.
- Provide transportation to and from the port of entry at the beginning and end of the internship.
- Facilitate the Intern’s orientation to the internship and organizational expectations, responsibilities, and schedule, including introducing the Intern to his or her direct supervisor.
- Provide safe and clean accommodation, food, and transportation during the Intern’s stay with your organization. Food and accommodation may be with a homestay, with a dorm and cafeteria, or with colleagues in a shared apartment, as indicated on the Internship listing approved on the Converge site.
- Be available as a resource and advisor for the Intern’s assignments, including Enculturation, Community Mapping, Interviews, and the Final Project.
- Review and approve the Intern’s Project proposal.
- Provide ongoing meaningful feedback, including both affirmation and constructive criticism, especially during a weekly one-on-one meeting.
- Provide an end of internship evaluation of the Intern and debriefing interview with the Intern.Hold a copy of the intern’s Travel Protection policy, which is required for all Converge Interns. Converge recommends the Volunteer Card.
- Seek immediate medical care for the Intern in the event of the accident or illness. This may include transporting the Intern to and advocating for the Intern at a local or regional medical facility, and/or contacting an emergency medical evacuation company. Converge should also be contacted in any case requiring hospitalization or evacuation once medical help has been sought for the Intern.
The Intern agrees to:
- Pay a $25 USD registration fee to be enrolled in the online pre-departure orientation.
- Choose a personal mentor from the Intern’s home community, and meet with the mentor regularly throughout the pre-departure orientation and remotely during the internship.
- Raise funds and/or make all internship payments on time and maintain responsibility for personal expenses. Internship fees include transportation between the port of entry and the internship location, accommodation, food, local transportation, and Converge Course administration. Fees do not include transportation between the Intern’s home and internship location, visas, personal travel, travel and health insurance, entertainment, personal hygiene items, laundry, wifi (unless indicated by the Host), etc.
- Purchase travel insurance that includes emergency medical evacuation. The intern may choose to purchase and be auto-approved for the Converge Volunteer Card Travel Protection plan or another comparable policy.Complete the pre-departure orientation prior to departure for the internship.
- Participate in all required community meetings, including worship gatherings at the host location.Complete all Converge Course assignments on time.
- Listen, observe, volunteer services, and make the best of constructive criticism.Maintain a positive attitude and respect confidentiality.
- Abide by the community guidelines set by the Host, including dress code, safety requirements, and internship roles and responsibilities.
- Meet with the Host for weekly one-on-one check-ins.Complete an evaluation of Converge on the final day of the internship.
- Affirm that the Converge Internship is not a part-time job, and no monetary compensation is to be provided and/or no employment offer after the internship term is expected.
- Give consent for treatment in the event of an emergency and release Youth With A Mission from any liability arising out of any injury, damage, or loss as stated in the following two paragraphs:
Intern Consent for Treatment
In the event of injury or illness of the Converge Intern while in association with YOUTH WITH A MISSION, I hereby agree to the performance of such treatment, anaesthetics, and operations as, in the opinion of the attending physician, as deemed necessary.
I hereby release YOUTH WITH A MISSION/CONVERGE PROGRAM (Registered as UOFN STUDENT MOBILIZATION CENTRE OF YOUTH WITH A MISSION, INC. FID: 54-1882074), its agents, employees, and volunteer assistants from any liability whatsoever arising out of any injury, damage, or loss which may be sustained during the course of my involvement with UOFN STUDENT MOBILIZATION CENTRE OF YOUTH WITH A MISSION, INC.
Confirming Agreement to this Memorandum of Understanding
In lieu of a signature, the submission of your application is your acknowledgement that you have read and agree to the responsibilities listed on this Memorandum of Understanding and these Terms and Conditions.
By submitting your application, Hosts are also giving Youth With A Mission permission to publish their internship opportunity page, including the description and photos you provide.
By submitting your application, Interns are also giving Youth With A Mission permission to publish your personal profile page (including the personal bio and photos which you provide, and description of the internship for which you have been accepted).
Converge will not publish personal contact information.